- Lactose is a milk sugar manufactured from fresh whey, a disaccharide consisting of a galactose link a glucose.
- Lactose is produced from whey, a byproduct of cheesemaking and casein production, then refining, drying and by crystallizing an oversaturated solution of whey concentrate
- The special crystallization process, as well as grinding and particle size transfer, produces lactose that is distributed according to different particle sizes.
- Lactose monohydrate ≥ 99 %
- 80 – 100 mesh and 200 mesh
- Color of white to white
Food & beverage
- Confectionary: cakes (enhance the taste, flavor and color; keep soften and freshness); candy (improve crystallinity), bakery (keep moitures and soften, make browning and flavoring)
- Emulsify and retain water for meat, bacon, sausage and ham.
- Add to milk powder, coffee.
- Soups and sauces (salad dressing, mayonaise, soup): enhance flavor, resist protein precipitation during pasteurization bacause of low pH and hight temperature.
- Seasoning powders: create flow, anti-moisture absorption, anti-caking, increase shelf life.
- Beverage: Improve mouthfeel, increase viscosity, … used in milky drinks (chocolate milk, fruit milk, …).
- Beer: not fermented by yeast in beer production, low sweetness should create viscosity and mouthfeel.
- Carrier, the binding agent in tablet, capsule.